Accessing inactive AdWords Accounts

Stefano Fontana

Mar 20, 2018, 5:36:43 AM3/20/18
to AdWords API Forum
Context: http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.ch/2018/03/changes-to-inactive-adwords-accounts.html

I understand that the policy will be enforced starting from March 26.
However I still have a couple of questions regarding this matter:

     Will this service keep returning inactive accounts?
     If yes, does this mean that the only way to find whether an account is inactive is by trying to access it (and fail)?
     Would be nice to know in advance whether a given account is inactive or having the possibility of excluding in a predicate.

2) Is historical data lost when an account is deactivated? If I activate it again will I be able to fetch the same data via the API?

Thanks in advance.

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Mar 20, 2018, 3:01:41 PM3/20/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Stefano,

Please see my answers inline below.

Will this service keep returning inactive accounts?
If yes, does this mean that the only way to find whether an account is inactive is by trying to access it (and fail)?
Would be nice to know in advance whether a given account is inactive or having the possibility of excluding in a predicate.
Get requests for ManagedCustomerService will no longer return the cancelled account. In AdWords UI, you can show canceled accounts by adjusting the filter in the upper left corner. Please check blog for more information.

2. Is historical data lost when an account is deactivated? If I activate it again will I be able to fetch the same data via the API?
All historical data and pre-existing account structure will remain unchanged. The account will be still accessible in the Front End and all the historical data can be accessed. Once the account is reinstated then it can be used normally via AdWords API.

Thanks,
Milind, AdWords API Team.

Stefano Fontana

Mar 21, 2018, 3:26:09 AM3/21/18
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks for the answer Milind.

I have one last question that is: after the account is canceled and reactivated will be automatically canceled again? and if yes after how many days/months?
Unlike the my first question that is answer by literally the first point in the blog post I believe there is no answer to this last question :)

Cheers

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Mar 21, 2018, 11:21:05 AM3/21/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Stefano,

Please see my answer inline below:

1. after the account is canceled and reactivated will be automatically canceled again? and if yes after how many days/months?
The reactivated account wont be cancel automatically. It will cancel only if the AdWords account reaches 15 months without any spend or cancel manually.