Video Performance Report

Timna Carmel

Feb 26, 2018, 9:56:16 AM2/26/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Guys,

Conversions are not compatible with ConversionCategoryName or with ConversionTypeName for the video performance report.
This limitation makes no sense and I see it has been removed from other reports - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/adwords-api/lnh8NEZy0Tg
There is no real reason you'd be able to get conversion Value\Revenue with conversion tag, but not the conversions metric.

Are you able to remove that limitation or explain why it's there?

Thanks,

Timna

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Feb 26, 2018, 4:19:06 PM2/26/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Timna,

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass on the request to the team and see if the ConversionTypeName and ConversionCategoryName can be made compatible with Conversions in Video Performance Report. Please keep an eye on our blog for updates and announcements about future releases.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

Timna Carmel

Mar 20, 2018, 8:43:23 AM3/20/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Following up on this. any update?

Thanks,

Timna

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Mar 20, 2018, 3:09:50 PM3/20/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Timna,

I have shared your feedback to the team and they are currently looking into the feasibility of exposing this in the API. Unfortunately, we don't have a timeline for when this might be available via the API. I would suggest that you follow our blog for updates and announcements about the future releases. I'll keep you posted on what I hear from the team.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

May 2, 2018, 5:14:59 PM5/2/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Timna,

The Conversions field is now compatible with ConversionTypeName and ConversionCategoryName in Video Performance Report. You will find that the docs are yet to be updated. However, I was able to test that the combination of all these fields in the report definition works fine now. Please give it a try and let me know if you are facing any issues.

Timna Carmel

May 3, 2018, 5:35:54 AM5/3/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
These are great news!!!

We will give it a try and see how it goes.

Thanks for the update