How to validate AdGroupFeed Matching Functions against feed

Justin Courville

May 22, 2018, 5:31:19 PM5/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

Is there a way to validate an Ad Group Feed Matching Function against the feed items and see what items match for that Ad Group Feed via the API? The closest thing I have been able to use for validation is viewing the Ad preview of the ads under the Ad Group I created the matching function on.

Thank you

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

May 23, 2018, 8:43:06 AM5/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

There is no way to see exactly what feed items are matched by a specific matching function, unfortunately. That sounds like a great idea, however, so I'm going to pass it along to the team to see if it's something we can add in the future.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

Justin Courville

May 23, 2018, 9:35:09 AM5/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Michael,

Thank you for the confirmation I appreciate the swift response. I will make sure to keep an eye out for this feature in the future. Thanks again.