In the KEYWORDLESS_CATEGORY_REPORT report, fields Category0, Category1 and Category2 are always blank

Rob Hesketh

May 26, 2016, 8:47:36 AM5/26/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi all,

I am trying to download the KEYWORDLESS_CATEGORY_REPORT using the ReportService. For reference I am using the Ruby 'google-adwords-api' gem, version 0.18.1.

We are passing the following request to the ReportService:

=> {:selector=>

{:fields=>

["AdGroupId",

"AdGroupName",

"AdGroupStatus",

"CampaignId",

"CampaignName",

"CampaignStatus",

"Category0",

"Category1",

"Category2",

"Clicks",

"Conversions",

"ConversionValue",

"Cost",

"CriterionId",

"CustomerDescriptiveName",

"Impressions",

"Domain",

"ExternalCustomerId"],

:date_range=>{:min=>"20160523", :max=>"20160523"}},

:date_range_type=>"CUSTOM_DATE",

:report_name=>"87536678-b746-4275-9a7a-f81dd9883fff.csv",

:report_type=>"KEYWORDLESS_CATEGORY_REPORT",

:download_format=>"GZIPPED_CSV"}

The returned CSV file contains the "Top level categories", "First level sub-categories" and "Second level sub-categories" columns, but these columns are always blank. They are blank across all of our clients for all dates and it seems like we have never imported this field with data in it. Our analyst tells me that we should expect to see data in that column for our reports.

I had a look at the documentation and I couldn't find anything indicating that this field would function differently to any other field we request. Is there something I am missing? I assume there is some mistake I am making with the request.

Any advice is appreciated, and if any further information or clarification is required I will be happy to provide it.

Cheers,
Rob Hesketh

Peter Oliquino

May 26, 2016, 3:26:51 PM5/26/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Rob,

Can you provide your client customer id? Please use Reply privately to author for your reply.

Thanks,
Peter
AdWords API Team