Why do all keywords not show up in bid simulator report?

Dom Benton

Aug 24, 2016, 1:42:09 PM8/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
We've downloaded the bid simulator report from the Adwords API and have got some data but there doesn't seem to be any consistency as to which keywords the report pulls back. I've looked to see if it is the top KWs by impressions, clicks or cost but this is not the case. The bid simulator returns simulations for 24 KWs in a campaign of 508 KWs, and those 24 KWs are in the top 26 clicked on but then I don't understand why they aren't all the top KWs.

Thanks,

Dom

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Aug 24, 2016, 5:17:12 PM8/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Dom,

If you use bid landscapes against a campaign that targets both search and display networks, only the information pertaining to search network is returned, since bid landscapes don't work with display network related data. Please refer to this page for more information. If that is not the case, could you please provide the SOAP XML logs for the API call?

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team