v201609 ... any word on release? Also, any work on the sunsetting of v201605?

Eric Bolstad

Sep 29, 2016, 12:55:31 PM9/29/16
to AdWords API Forum

Just looking for some word on the release of the next version (v201609)... and interested in the exact sunset date of v201605.  Once could extrapolate from https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/sunset-dates that it will be in November, but I need to plan my team around it.

(Also, just as feedback on the referenced sunset-dates page... if you just added the version in the vyyyymm format, it would be much easier to read :)

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Sep 29, 2016, 4:57:02 PM9/29/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Eric,

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the release date for the next version of AdWords API. Please keep an eye on our blog for updates regarding the release (sunset dates for the previous versions would be available on the blog as well).

Regarding your suggesting, could you please elaborate? I can see that the API versions are already listed in the vYYYYMM format.

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team

Zweitze

Sep 30, 2016, 6:39:08 AM9/30/16
to AdWords API Forum
On sunset dates:

Note the sunset on previous version v201603 is October 25, it would be very strange if v201605 sunsets a few weeks later. December is probably not an option either, at the API workshop (at least in Hamburg) we were told that Google doesn't want to sunset in December because of the holiday season: most of us are very busy for regular work or on holiday, Google doesn't want to interfere with that.

So my bet is January.

Note: I am not with Google, just sharing my hunch.

Eric Bolstad

Sep 30, 2016, 3:43:22 PM9/30/16
to AdWords API Forum
Regarding the format, sorry I was referring to this post: https://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/2016/01/new-release-schedule-for-adwords-api.html... which does not follow the same format.

Eric B

Sep 30, 2016, 3:44:08 PM9/30/16
to AdWords API Forum
Yeah, sorry, I has posted the wrong link.  I was instead referring to https://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/2016/01/new-release-schedule-for-adwords-api.html... which looks like it would sunset in November if you just follow down the trajectory of the May 2016... which would put it in the right-most column (sunset) for the next row (not shown) which should be November.  But I see your point, because it states support will end 4 weeks later, putting it into December. I would certainly hope they wouldn't sunset it right around the holidays.

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Sep 30, 2016, 5:09:36 PM9/30/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your suggestion regarding the blog post. I would convey the same to my team. Regarding dates for version sunsets, I would suggest keeping an eye on our blog as the latest information is made available on the blog.

Regards,
Vishal Vinayak, AdWords API Team