HOW can I get low account balance alert

jerryj...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2015, 9:00:44 AM10/2/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi, I am creating a program for accounts monitoring and need to know when particular client account is running out of money, using programming tools, so I can send him a reminder. I know, that current adwords API has no functionality for obtaining information about account balance (although I have seen here a lot of requests for it left without detailed response for ages). And AlertService is not available in current API also. So I don't see any way for how to get alert about low account balance with current adwords API.
But I need this function any way.
So, I don't ask - CAN I get low balance notifications with adwords API. I wonder, HOW can I do this in any legitimate way, that will not lead to my account's ban. I know, that adwords web interface provides information about account's balance. Can I parse web interface programmatically without being banned by google for suspicious activity? Or is it possible to dump information from web interface somewhere to google spreadsheets and then, using another api, obtain information from this dump? Or may be there can be another way - I will be grateful for any legitimate method.
Thanks in advance.
Message has been deleted

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Oct 5, 2015, 9:11:32 AM10/5/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

As you've summarized, you are correct in that there is no officially supported method of programmatically obtaining an account's balance. An alternative is to use reporting to measure the Cost within a specified timeframe and to manually compare that against your known budgets to determine the remaining balance. Unfortunately, the reporting tools can have a delay.

Please note that although I cannot share anything about an official solution now, we are definitely aware of this demand.

Unfortunately, as this forum is specifically for the AdWords API, I cannot comment on web interface related solutions.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

jerryj...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2015, 4:36:57 AM10/7/15
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks for your response. Can you, please, explain, what do you mean by "known budgets"? Should I keep a record for all the money I transfer to the particular account by myself, and then use this information with costs to obtain balance? Or is there a function in API that can give me all the account budget recharge transactions?

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Oct 7, 2015, 2:57:46 PM10/7/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

By "known budgets" I did mean that you would have to keep track of the money transferred to the account yourself. There is currently no way to look up any account transactions via the API.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team