Api very slow

gianlu...@gmail.com

May 25, 2016, 9:05:27 AM5/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
I just tried the Example GetCampaign and it takes long (about 15 or 20 seconds).

it takes long in:

1. WSDL download
2. HttpHeaders generation: GenerateHttpHeaders
3. __soapCall

but responseTime is nice (200ms) and there arent connection issue.

Please help me..

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

May 25, 2016, 2:21:52 PM5/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Can you profile the program execution using one of the profiling tools to identify which area is taking more time? It might be an issue with the resources available at runtime.

Thanks,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

gianlu...@gmail.com

May 26, 2016, 6:29:21 AM5/26/16
to AdWords API Forum

I found that the problem is in the curl call. My server Debian says:

Curl Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache

Someone says that the problem is the version of curl: see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27093467/curl-hostname-was-not-found-in-dns-cache-error

Adding:
nameserver 127.0.0.1

to etc/resolv.conf (was only 8.8.8.8, first)

helped..

Any other solution?

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

May 26, 2016, 4:09:13 PM5/26/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Since this is not specific to the AdWords API, I'm afraid its not in my area of expertise. Adding localhost(127.0.0.1) as the first line in your /etc/resolv.conf will allow for caching of DNS queries which would be helpful if there are connection issues. You can find more information here

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.