.Net Client Library using exisitng and Valid OAuth Token

Edward Grave

Sep 26, 2016, 12:27:00 PM9/26/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I'm looking into converting over to use the client library instead of consuming the WSDLs directly.

I'm having a problem with the client libraries as it doesn't seem possible to create an AdWordsUser class with only an OAuthAccess Token, clientId, Developer token and User Agent.

A different part of my system manages refreshing and storing tokens so I don't want to pass up my ClientSecret.

This means all i want to do is create an AdWordsUser  with my valid token passing the clientId, Developer token and User Agent much like I do when I make a call using the web services directly.

However I do not see a way of doing this in the client library.

Am I missing something?

Cheers.

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 26, 2016, 5:21:53 PM9/26/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Edward,

The client libraries are programmed to automatically refresh an expired access token which requires the clientSecret to be specified. You could probably use the parameterized constructor instead of the no-args constructor. Since this is specific to the .Net client library, I would suggest that you post your query here.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.