Get Ad Performance Report for Lifetime of Ad

te...@segment.com

Aug 22, 2016, 5:06:23 PM8/22/16
to AdWords API Forum
My program needs to fetch ad performance report(s) for the lifetime of an ad. It looks like you need to provide a dateRange to request a report, but I don't see a way to find out when the ad started (https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201607/AdGroupAdService). I do see Start/EndDate fields on campaign and ad group, but if I request a report for the range of one of those, how would I differentiate days with zero impressions and days when the ad simply wasn't running?

Anthony Madrigal

Aug 22, 2016, 6:26:54 PM8/22/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

There is no start date field for ads available in AdWords API. The best workaround would be to include an all time date range and include a Date field in the report. You can safely assume that the date when the ad started receiving impressions is around the time it was created.

Regards,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

te...@segment.com

Aug 22, 2016, 8:18:15 PM8/22/16
to AdWords API Forum
Gotcha. Is there a preset all time date range, or were you just suggesting I set some unreasonably old start date and end date of today? Also, is the report data returned sorted chronologically by Day/Date? Is there any way to enforce this? It'd help to be able to assume this rather than having to pull all the data down into files, sort, etc. since the results can be too big to fit in memory.

Anthony Madrigal

Aug 23, 2016, 10:11:21 AM8/23/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

There is a preset for that date range. It is called ALL_TIME. However, this date range cannot be used when using AWQL for reports. There have been instances where data is not sorted chronologically properly. Unfortunately, the only way to enforce this would be to sort it after you run the report.

Tejas Manohar

Aug 24, 2016, 10:26:04 PM8/24/16
to adwordsapiadvi...@google.com, AdWords API Forum
Alrighty. I'll write a process to handle this, but it'd be great if AWQL gets SORT someday :D

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/60d6c6e4-ff06-468d-9759-1874b7f66cd2%40googlegroups.com.

Best regards,

Tejas Manohar

te...@segment.com

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 6, 2016, 5:39:20 PM9/6/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tejas,

Using the ALL_TIME date range will provide stats for the entire available time-range of the object in question. So, you should expect to see performance stats which are from the created time of the object.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.