INVALID_PRODUCT_BIDDING_CATEGORY

Thakur Vishal

Aug 18, 2016, 5:24:22 AM8/18/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Team,

I am trying to run the sample code to add ProductPartitionTree and getting the following issue:

INVALID_PRODUCT_BIDDING_CATEGORY

faultString: [CriterionError.INVALID_PRODUCT_BIDDING_CATEGORY @ operations[8].operand.criterion.caseValue; trigger:'ProductBiddingCategory{type=BIDDING_CATEGORY_L1, value=ProductCategoryId: -5914235892932915235}']

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Aug 18, 2016, 8:40:44 AM8/18/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Did you make any changes to the code before running the example? If so, try reverting those changes and run the example again.

If not, you can file an issue against the Java library explaining that the example doesn't work, and the owner of that library will be able to address it. Their issue tracker is here: https://github.com/googleads/googleads-java-lib/issues

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

Thakur Vishal

Aug 25, 2016, 9:26:29 AM8/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Mike,

We are facing this issue as our campaign is targeting India and we are unable to fetch product category ids for India.
We have tried with IN as the country code.

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Aug 25, 2016, 9:50:14 AM8/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Here is the canonical list of Products & Service Categories: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/productsservices

It is the same regardless of region.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

Christian Amaral

Jul 28, 2017, 5:05:08 AM7/28/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi, I'm having the same issue as Thakur.
when I try to create a ProductPartition or ProductScope containing a ProductBiddingCategory I get this error:

[
  CriterionError.INVALID_PRODUCT_BIDDING_CATEGORY @ operations[1].operand.criterion.dimensions;
  trigger:'ProductBiddingCategory{
   type=BIDDING_CATEGORY_L1,
   value=ProductCategoryId: -3692872870547437600
}']

I've no idea what could be wrong or how to proceed since we are already using the canonical list;
in fact, the value "-3692872870547437600" was provided by the ConstantDataService.

thanks in advance,

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Jul 28, 2017, 12:08:22 PM7/28/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Christian,

Could you provide the SOAP request and response log for the operation which encountered this error? Could you also provide the country predicate used when you retrieved the ProductBiddingCategoryData via ConstantDataService? Please use Reply privately to author when responding.

Thanks,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.