upcoming adwords policy name changes

Sreeprasad Govindankutty

May 23, 2016, 7:15:36 PM5/23/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi

This question is related to upcoming changes to adwords policy names

Is policy name and external  policy description a one to one relationship. I mean for one policy name , can there be multiple external policy descriptions or  only one ?

Eg.  If policy name is "phrama"  can there be 2 external descriptions for this policy name are

eg. external policy description : "this is not an online pharmacy"
      another external policy description : "this product should not be sold in pharmacy"  ( fictitious one )

Can this be possible or is there only one external description  for one policy name ?

Peter Oliquino

May 24, 2016, 11:30:54 AM5/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

The PolicyViolationError will contain only one externalpolicyDescription element.

Thanks,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Sreeprasad Govindankutty

May 24, 2016, 12:59:05 PM5/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Peter,

I understand that there will be only 1 external policy description element. But my question was about the content of that external description element.

Can the below scenario happen :

Policy Violation 1
---------------------
policy name :"phrama"
external policy description : " This is not an online pharmacy"

Another policy violation

Policy Violation 2
---------------------
policy name :"phrama"
external policy description : " This product cannot be sold in pharmacy "

For the above 2 policy violations, the policy name is same but the content of external policy descriptions are different.

Could you please tell me if this can happen ?

Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)

May 24, 2016, 10:16:26 PM5/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Peter,

That's a good question. I'm not sure, but let me check with one of my teammates to see if they know the answer. I'll get back to you soon.

Best,
Nadine, AdWords API Team

Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)

May 25, 2016, 10:17:36 AM5/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Peter,

There isn't a guarantee that the policy name plus the description are going to be unique. One of the factors is localization. The description may change to account for that. If you're looking for something unique, the only value guaranteed to be unique is the key.

Cheers,
Nadine, AdWords API Team