Question on device level bid-modifiers showing up on API pull

Tirtha Ghosh Dastidar

Mar 21, 2018, 1:20:22 AM3/21/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi team,

Wanted to confirm if this is expected behavior.  I have campaign C1 with device level bid-modifier set for mobile at 10%. Under C1 I have adgroup A1 which has device level bid-modifier set for desktop at 15%.

In the UI, at adgroup level, I see both device bid-modifiers (mobile 10% and desktop 15%). But in API pull of adgroup performance report, I see only the adgroup level bid-modifier which is desktop 15%.

Question here is, is this expected behavior? Campaign level bid-modifiers will not flow down and show up in adgroup performance report pull from API?

Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)

Mar 21, 2018, 4:30:41 AM3/21/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tirtha,

Yes, that is the expected behavior. Since the Adgroup Performance Report is based on the ad group level, you will only get the values of the fields and metrics from this report at the ad group level. Although in UI if you set the bid modifier at the campaign level, all your ad groups under your campaign will inherit the value of your bid modifier if you did not specify at the ad group level. However in report, you will only retrieve the specific bid modifier at the level where you set it.

Thanks and regards,
Luis
AdWords API Team