Alternative to targettingideaservice placement ideatype

Chirag

Mar 18, 2015, 4:44:31 AM3/18/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

Since ideatype : placement is depricated from v201409, Is there any alternative to have Placement Idea type results to fetch from?

Thanks,

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Mar 18, 2015, 9:53:24 AM3/18/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no alternative at this time. You cannot fetch PLACEMENT ideas using the TargetingIdeaService or another service.

We are aware of this gap in functionality. Please watch our blog for information on future releases and features.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

Chirag

Mar 24, 2015, 1:07:18 AM3/24/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Michael,

Thanks for reply.
I suppose this is a big change and also need some alternative to have this data.

Jason W

Mar 30, 2015, 2:43:02 AM3/30/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

In our self-serve tool, we allow customers to enter URLs, and we use the TargetingIdeaService to provide them with a list of placements to choose from. With the removal of the PLACEMENT ideaType, how can we retrieve IDs for placements so that our customers can target their display campaigns?

Thanks,
Jason

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Mar 30, 2015, 4:06:14 PM3/30/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

We're still discussing potential replacements for this functionality. Once we have a plan in place we'll announce it on our blog.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Chirag

May 8, 2015, 2:42:39 AM5/8/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Josh,

Any replacements for this functionality on this?

Thanks,

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

May 8, 2015, 11:19:23 AM5/8/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, chirag....@gmail.com
Hi Chirag,

No news yet, but when this happens it will be with the release of a new version of the API since we'll be changing or replacing service definitions.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Chirag

Jun 9, 2015, 8:19:11 AM6/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Josh,

Any update on this? I am waiting for update since long.

Thanks,

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Jun 9, 2015, 3:00:54 PM6/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, chirag....@gmail.com
Hi Chirag,

Sorry, I don't have any news to report on this feature.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Gilad Egozi

Aug 5, 2015, 9:01:02 AM8/5/15
to AdWords API Forum, chirag....@gmail.com
+1 from me on this issue... this would be a great improvement

Chirag

Aug 14, 2015, 4:31:02 AM8/14/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Josh,

It's been 5 month since this is required.
Any hope to get update on this service?

Thanks,

Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)

Aug 14, 2015, 10:42:54 AM8/14/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Chirag,

I checked on what features will be available in the next release. Unfortunately, I don't see this feature on the list, yet.

Regards,
Nadine, AdWords API Team

Mark Hill

Nov 6, 2015, 8:21:30 PM11/6/15
to AdWords API Forum
Any update on this?

Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)

Nov 9, 2015, 8:54:15 AM11/9/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Mark,

Thanks for checking in. There aren't any updates on this.

Best,
Nadine, AdWords API Team