Is it possible to get a None response when using 'AdGroupAdService' get method?

joao...@paretogroup.com.br

Oct 17, 2017, 5:21:08 PM10/17/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I've tried to execute the following query in the Python API:

selector = {
        'fields': ['Id', 'AdGroupId', 'Status', 'HeadlinePart1',
                   'HeadlinePart2', 'Description'],
        'predicates': [
            {
                'field': 'AdGroupId',
                'operator': 'EQUALS',
                'values': [ad_group_id]
            },
            {
                'field': 'AdType',
                'operator': 'EQUALS',
                'values': ['EXPANDED_TEXT_AD']
            },
            {
                'field': 'Status',
                'operator': 'IN',
                'values': ['ENABLED']
            }
        ]
    }

   page = ad_service.get(selector)

But sometimes, the page that it is returned is None. I thought that it was supposed to return a page with 'totalNumEntries' equal 0, but it gave me None.

We make requests to the AdWords API a lot of hours per day, but this error is not a constant, so I don't have a clue for what it might be.

Can you give me some idea?

Best,

João

Peter Oliquino

Oct 17, 2017, 11:09:12 PM10/17/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi João,

Could you send to me the complete SOAP request and response of your call using the AdGroupAdService.get? This will allow me to have a better look at the issue. You may reply via the Reply privately to author option.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Peter Oliquino

Oct 27, 2017, 4:27:53 AM10/27/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi João,

Just wanted to follow up on your issue if you still require our assistance? If yes, you may send to me the information I requested so I can proceed with the investigation.