API version v201705, v201708 warning email: Does it apply to scripts?

Josiah Mory

Mar 20, 2018, 2:12:30 AM3/20/18
to AdWords API Forum
I received this email and I am trying to figure out if this applies to AdWords Scripts or not? I do have some usage of the AdWords API, but I am just trying to figure out where I need to look and what I need to update. Any help would be appreciated.

Dear AdWords API Developer (MCC ID XXXXXXXXXXXXXX),
Migration Status: You've submitted 100% of your AdWords API requests to v201705, v201708 within the past seven days.
AdWords API v201705, v201708 has been deprecated and will stop accepting requests starting 03/28/2018. You need to migrate to a current AdWords API version as soon as possible to continue accessing the AdWords API.
To learn more about this change, including migration help, visit the AdWords API Developer Site.
If you have any questions about this upcoming change, please don't hesitate to contact our team via the AdWords API forum.
Sincerely,
The AdWords API Team

Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)

Mar 20, 2018, 5:08:40 AM3/20/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Josiah,

The AdWords Scripts is a different platform from the AdWords API. The email you received regarding the migration status of the AdWords API is only for the API.

If you are still using the old version of the AdWords API (v201705), I would recommend you to migrate to the latest version (v201802). You may check this migration guide for reference.

Let me know if you have further clarification.

Thanks and regards,
Luis
AdWords API Team