Do I need a second developer token?

Sylvain Beauregard

Oct 18, 2016, 4:52:31 AM10/18/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi!

We have a developer token that we use every day to create, refresh and report on numerous campaigns for clients we have under our MCC account.  It works fine.

Now, we are developing an application to access data from other Adwords customers (but not within our MCC).  The goal is to provide an analysis of their AdWords and provide hints on how to improve things.  It will be a one-time access, using the OAuth2 Web App flow.  We will not save the refreshed token.

When we applied for our developer token a year and a half ago, we submitted it was for our own internal data (installed app).

Since we want to create this new application, fetching data from someone else's account, I wonder if we need to apply for a second, distinct, Developer Token.  I initially thought so, but when I reviewed the API section of the Configuration panel of the MCC account, I saw only one spot for a developer token that made me doubt if we could apply for a second token.

Thanks,

Sylvain

Peter Oliquino

Oct 18, 2016, 5:20:27 AM10/18/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Sylvain,

In your case, you will no longer need to request for a new developer token. You will need only to request access for that account using an email address that is currently not associated to any AdWords accounts. Once approved, you will then need to create your OAuth2 credentials (clientId and clientSecret) for that account.

You may then be able to use your existing developer token to access the AdWords API using the AdWords customer accounts outside of your MCC.

Best regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Sylvain Beauregard