Budget per Ad?

rentca...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2016, 1:58:19 PM9/28/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,
I'm building a tool that I'm hoping to simplify creating Ads for our clients, similar to Adwords Express.

I've been instructed to just create a single campaign and adgroup for each client, which all ads would be under.

Can I set a budget for each single Ad in this case?  Or does a budget have to be at campaign level and apply to all ads within?

Is there a recommended pattern to follow when simplifying Ad creation and hiding campaigns/adgroups?

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Sep 28, 2016, 4:48:54 PM9/28/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

A budget can be set at the campaign level only i.e. you cannot set a budget for an ad group or an ad. Please refer to this guide for getting started with setting budgets via AdWords API. Regarding ad creation, I would recommend this guide, which has details regarding types of the ads and the list of extensions available. I'm suggesting that because if you are planning to target a certain type of customer, some of the ad extensions might be helpful. Unfortunately, I do not have additional suggestions regarding optimizing/simplifying the current product hierarchy but you can go through our Best Practices guide for general API optimizations.

Regards,
Vishal Vinayak, AdWords API Team