v201607 CustomerService - Sometimes returning NULL and sometimes NOT ADS USER

Message has been deleted

Karan Vohra

Aug 20, 2016, 9:07:56 PM8/20/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi folks,

Would appreciate response on this. Due to this issue we had to downgrade from v201607 to v201605.

We neee your help in understanding why are we getting null in response for some customers? What are the conditions in which we can get null?

Thanks!

Peter Oliquino

Aug 22, 2016, 1:40:09 AM8/22/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Karan,

My apologies for the delayed response. I had to delete your initial post since it contains possible sensitive information. Please also refer to our forum posting guidelines for any future posts.

Upon checking, the email (warrenx...@gmail.com) does not have any campaign details, that is possibly why you are getting the NULL response. Could you provide which MCC manages the said account?

Also the email (roxyxx...@gmail.com) does not have any matching customer details in the AdWords API or is not AdWords API enabled, hence, the NOT_ADS_USER error. This can be the possible causes why you are encountering the mentioned issues.

You might also want to use the ManagedCustomerService.get to get the list of accounts linked to your MCC in order to make sure that you are using the relevant accounts when making AdWords API calls.

If you find any other issues, could you provide more information as to how you are passing/using (sample code) these information using the CustomerService? Please also include any SOAP request and response to help us investigate the issue further. Please do reply using Reply privately to author.

Best regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Karan Vohra

Aug 25, 2016, 12:56:31 AM8/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Peter,

I sent you the sample code of how are we getting the account information from google api and how we are using customer service/ managed customer service. For some reason i miss out the private reply, so in case you have replied kindly let me know the conclusion.

Appreciate your help in this!!

Peter Oliquino

Aug 25, 2016, 1:46:00 AM8/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Karan,

Thanks for the information. You may use only the ManagedCustomerService. The AdWords API client library has an example on how to use the ManagedCustomerService.get to get the list of accounts managed by the MCC. Please check out our GetAccountHeirarchy example. Additionally, please use your MCC account ID as the clientCustomerId in your ads.properties file when running the example.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Karan Vohra

Aug 25, 2016, 2:46:05 AM8/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks for the suggestion. But wanted to ask if there is something wrong in our implementation:
1. We call get customer service's get customer method to get the customer details who has logged in.
2. If the customer is MCC, we get managed accounts under that customer using the managed customer service (by selecting predicate that none of the accounts returned can manage other accounts)
3. if the customer is not MCC, then we just return the details of that customer.

Do you think there is any caveat in this approach?

The negative conditions in step 1 are:
1. The customer returned can be null (in case user has signed up for google ad words but has not completed sign up process)
2. Multiple customer entries are returned (is this possible??)

We dont' see any negative conditions in step 2 or 3.

In the example that you have shared, the complete hierarchy is shared, an MCC can managed C1 and C2. C2 can manage C3. So we will get the complete tree. Our implementation requires that for C1 MCC account, we show C1 and C3.