How do I distinguish between "search and featured display networks" and "search network only" campaigns, which field is used to determine?

chenjia...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2017, 10:50:51 PM8/17/17
to AdWords API Forum

Hi,How do I distinguish between "search and featured display networks" and "search network only" campaigns, which field is used to determine?

Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)

Aug 18, 2017, 3:36:41 AM8/18/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Both "Search Network with Display Select" and "Search Network only" campaign types are identifiable by AdvertisingChannelType field of Campaign as SEARCH value. Aside from that, you can distinguish the two campaign types using the networkSetting field of Campaign. If targetGoogleSearch and targetContentNetwork fields are both true, then its type is "Search Network with Display Select". While if targetGoogleSearch is true and targetContentNetwork is false, then it is a "Search Network only" type.

Let me know if you have further clarifications.

Thanks,
Vincent
AdWords API Team

Tim Tsai

Oct 30, 2017, 5:44:10 PM10/30/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Vincent,

I have this question too, but the API documentation states that the targetContentNetwork field can only be set true for campaign subtype Universal_App_Campaign.

Is there another way to determine if a campaign is "Search Network only" or "Search Network with Display Select?"

-Tim

Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)

Oct 31, 2017, 12:09:12 AM10/31/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tim,

The documentation for targetContentNetwork states that it may only be set to true for campaign channel subtype UNIVERSAL_APP_CAMPAIGN, but it does not necessarily mean that this is only true for this campaign type. You can also test this in your account. For "Search Network with Display Select" type, this is the SOAP response snippet:

<networkSetting>
    <targetGoogleSearch>true</targetGoogleSearch>
    <targetSearchNetwork>false</targetSearchNetwork>
    <targetContentNetwork>true</targetContentNetwork>
    <targetPartnerSearchNetwork>false</targetPartnerSearchNetwork>
</networkSetting>

For UAC campaigns, this is the SOAP response snippet:

<networkSetting>
    <targetGoogleSearch>true</targetGoogleSearch>
    <targetSearchNetwork>true</targetSearchNetwork>
    <targetContentNetwork>true</targetContentNetwork>
    <targetPartnerSearchNetwork>false</targetPartnerSearchNetwork>
</networkSetting>

If you have further clarifications on this, kindly create a new forum thread so we can better track your concern.

Tim Tsai

Oct 31, 2017, 4:52:44 PM10/31/17
to AdWords API Forum
I see, thanks Vincent.