impression-share-delay

mmae...@intelliad.de

Dec 11, 2017, 7:34:25 AM12/11/17
to AdWords API Forum
The Adwords API is delivering Impression Share data with a delay of 5 days.
We have today pulled a report (Customer: 9914868040) for the period 01.12 - 11.12 and have only Impression Share data up to and including 06.12. to get.
The same on 08.12. as we only have data until 04.12. got.
How that can be?

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Dec 11, 2017, 1:28:29 PM12/11/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

You may refer to the data freshness guide for more information. Also, please note that Impression share data should be available the next day. However, to investigate the discrepancy, could you share us the complete report definition, so I can take a look? You can respond via the Reply privately to author option to provide the details.

Regards,
Bharani, AdWords API Team

mmae...@intelliad.de

Dec 12, 2017, 3:57:16 AM12/12/17
to AdWords API Forum
Okay, ich will send u the request and the answer in private message.

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Dec 12, 2017, 11:12:25 AM12/12/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Thank you for sharing the logs. Firstly, I see that the stats in the API reports match the AdWords UI search impression share stats. I also see that you're looking up for SearchImpressionShare data with date range: Min-20171201, Max-20171211. In that case, please note that impression share metrics are updated once per day and are updated between 1PM-2PM PST. As a result, the impression share data you see won’t reflect the current day, and it may not include the previous day's impression share as well (if you are running your report before 1pm). It might be the reason as to why you're not seeing metrics for these days. Also, the data generated in the reports and the AdWords UI reflect the same. You may refer to this guide for more information. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Bharani, AdWords API Team

mmae...@intelliad.de

Dec 13, 2017, 5:07:03 AM12/13/17
to AdWords API Forum
Thats absolutely right, but when i fetch a report on dec, 12th with date range: "Min-20171201, Max-20171211", i expect impressionShare-Data for this days. Yeah, the last two days could be wrong, okay, but there is no data the last 5 days. The report includes only data till 2017-12-06.

As we fetched a report on 2017-12-08, there were only data until 2017-12-04. So it seems there is a delay of 4-5days.

Regards,
Matthias

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Dec 13, 2017, 3:26:24 PM12/13/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Matthias,

I notice the difference that you're mentioning. However, I also see that there were no stats for the SearchImpressionShare for those days in the UI as well. At any time, API results should match the metrics that are available in the web interface. I'd suggest that you post your concern on Advertisers Community forum regarding the delay in the SearchImpressionShare data, as they are better equipped to address this in much detail.