Fetch sitelinks associated to adgroup

Adam Svadlena

Sep 29, 2015, 8:50:35 AM9/29/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello all,

I've been hunting around and haven't found a clear example or description on how to conduct this: what I need to do is get all the sitelinks for an given adgroup and remove them. We were previously  managing our adwords services via a third party application however we've recently switched to using the API for ourselves which has resulted in piles of leftover and used things like sitelinks, etc that we need to clean out. Oh yeah and also worth noting that we're using PHP...

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Cheers
- Adam

Umesh Dengale

Sep 29, 2015, 5:24:16 PM9/29/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Adam,

You could use the mutate operation of the AdGroupExtensionSettingService with REMOVE operator to remove all sitelinks for the given adgroup. In the AdGroupExtensionSetting, you could set the extensionType to SITELINK and for ExtensionSetting if you pass the empty array of SitelinkFeedItem as extensions and null platformRestrictions then extensions are disabled for the sitelinks for that adgroup.  Currently, AdWords API doesn't have example code (PHP) for the deleting the sitelinks using the AdGroupExtensionSettingService.

Regards,
Umesh, AdWords API Team.
Message has been deleted

Adam Svadlena

Sep 30, 2015, 4:37:25 AM9/30/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Umesh,

Thanks, that's what I needed: to at least be pointed in the right direction.
Cheers
- Adam