How do I get a list of linked GMB accounts from the API?

JC Lee

Mar 27, 2017, 10:48:41 AM3/27/17
to AdWords API Forum
In the AdWords UI, I can select a GMB account (As seen in the attachment.)

Are these accounts retrieved from GMB API or AdWords API?

If it's the AdWords API, which service do I use?

If it's the GMB API...

Is the GMB account also the AdWords account? i.e. The same email address? If that's true, then I can use accounts.list

In the case where the authenticated AdWords account is a manager...

In order to use the client's GMB address for location extensions, does each client have to grant rights to the Manager to use his/her GMB locations? -- As opposed to the manager having default access to use the client's locations for his location extensions.

If the client has linked his GMB to his own AdWords account, would this have any effect on the manager having access to his GMB locations? This has implications on whether the manager can manage existing campaigns which are linked to locations by the client. In other words if the client has campaigns linked to his GMB locations but the manager doesn't have rights to use those locations, how is this reconciled in the managers account when managing the client's campaign?
Capture.PNG

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Mar 27, 2017, 5:34:58 PM3/27/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Your GMB account would store your business locations which can be synced with your AdWords account. However, you cannot fetch the GMB account details itself via the API. Your GMB account and AdWords accounts are technically different. Regarding the email address, it would depend on how you have set up the account. Yes, you can use the accounts.list to retrieve the Google My Business accounts that you own and those which you have permissions to manage. Once the one time setup of the required feed objects are done, Adwords will automatically keep the location data updated from GMB. That said, since the manager has access to all his client accounts, he/she should be able to access this information too. To your question about the client account linked with the its own GMB, I believe the answer to the above question clarifies this. Since my team specializes in AdWords API related technical queries, I would recommend checking with the AdWords product experts on Advertisers community forum for product related questions.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

JC Lee

Mar 27, 2017, 6:14:25 PM3/27/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

If I understand you correctly, the one time setup links one GMB account to AdWords. So with AdWords API, I won't be able to get a list of accounts for my app's user to choose from like the "Select a Google My Business account" in AdWords UI (seen in attachment in first post). In other words, there's no API service to return a list of linked accounts. Did I get that correctly?

If I were to want to replicate a similar dropdown, I would have to have the user's provide his GMB accounts' OAuth2 credentials to me.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Mar 28, 2017, 1:47:20 PM3/28/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

That is correct, you will be able link one GMB account with a given Adwords account. With AdWords API, you will not be able to get a list of available GMB accounts. However, you could get the list of accounts that you own using accounts.list in GMB API.

Yes, only the specific GMB account owner will be able to get the list of available Google My Business accounts programatically. Please note that we strongly recommend not to share the OAuth credentials across users for protecting your accounts.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team