Access to all campaigns via API

Antonio

Jul 21, 2016, 6:05:29 PM7/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello all,
I've been working with the api developing different tools to manage our campaigns. but I have a doubt by working at MCC level. Can I manage all the adwords account under an MCC account at the same time from the API, or i need to change the authentication for each account?
Thanks in advance,
Antonio

Anthony Madrigal

Jul 21, 2016, 7:01:17 PM7/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Antonio,

Using services such as the CampaignService will not work from an MCC level. You will need to be on an AdWords client level. The only API service available at the MCC level is the ManagedCustomerService.

Cheers,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

Zweitze

Jul 25, 2016, 9:22:47 AM7/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
For each account, you only need to set the customerid of that account.
You don't need to get a new authentication token, or get access from a different login, or anything like that. Access provided by the MCC is sufficient.

Most client libraries should have examples showing how to set customerid programmatically.

Antonio

Jul 27, 2016, 5:49:27 AM7/27/16
to AdWords API Forum
thanks for the answer!
and for changing between the different accounts do i need to have a .yaml file for each account? thanks!

Anthony Madrigal

Jul 27, 2016, 3:17:11 PM7/27/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Antonio,

No, you should only have one yaml file. You will just need to change the client_customer_id.

Antonio

Jul 29, 2016, 7:20:56 AM7/29/16
to AdWords API Forum
thanks for your answer! i'll check it!