How to get the list (with names) seen on the "Where ads were shown" tab?

Tiana S.

Nov 26, 2015, 9:07:35 AM11/26/15
to AdWords API Forum

I've been using the Placement performance report for a while, but noticed there's a second tab in the AdWords interface: "where ads were shown". The list of placements there shows for example the names of videos the ad was shown at:

I looked around in the API documentation looking for a way to retrieve this list as well, but haven't been successful yet.
Does anyone know how to fetch this?
Thanks!

Danial Klimkin

Nov 26, 2015, 11:41:51 AM11/26/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Tiana,

Please see if the Placement performance report with IsRestrict == false returns the data you expect.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

Tiana S.

Nov 30, 2015, 10:07:49 AM11/30/15
to AdWords API Forum
Great, thanks Danial!
I will try this and update this post accordingly. :)

Tiana S.

Nov 30, 2015, 10:35:06 AM11/30/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi again,

Just had a go with the IsRestrict setting, but it doesn't seem to return anything differently when I set it to false. I still only see the usual 'youtube.com', 'dailymail.co.uk' etc. in the Criteria field as seen on the  'Managed' tab instead of the Names shown on the 'Where ads were shown' tab.
Thanks though. :) Any other ideas what might return what I'm looking for?

Best,

Tiana

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Dec 18, 2015, 3:26:09 PM12/18/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tiana,

Have you tried using the URL_PERFORMANCE_REPORT? That report is essentially the PLACEMENT_PERFORMANCE_REPORT, but with an additional Url field that contains the URL where your ad was displayed.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Tiana S.

Dec 22, 2015, 10:02:33 AM12/22/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Josh,

Thank you! That seems to be working at some degree, however I still don't get the name of e.g. the placement's video from there. I tried the DisplayName field, but that only returns a readable url. Is the video title/page header available to fetch from the API as well in some way? So, in the case of the video from the initial screenshot, can I get "Slipknot - Before I Forget [OFFICIAL VIDEO]" instead of "youtube.com/results/undefined"?

Thanks,

Tiana

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Dec 22, 2015, 10:36:50 AM12/22/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tiana,

If none of Domain, CriteriaParameters, DisplayName, or Url returns the page title, then unfortunately I don't think it's retrievable via reports.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Tiana S.

Dec 23, 2015, 7:25:21 AM12/23/15
to AdWords API Forum
Alright, those indeed did not return the page title but I hoped I missed something. :)

Thank you very much for the help, and happy holidays!

Best regards,

Tiana