Creative Conversion Report Issue

pierre....@omd.com

Dec 12, 2017, 3:08:27 PM12/12/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,
I'm currently working on the Adwords Api with Python.

I managed to download a Campaign Performance Report, but when i try to re-use the same code for Creative Conversion Report and several other type of report i
got a redundant errors (Reportdefinitionerror customer_serving_type_report_mismatch).

From the documentations this error is supposed to happen when your account ID are MCC accounts.
Why the error don't happen when i pull a Campaign performance Report ?

I'm using the API versions 201702.

This is my report Fileds:
  # Create report definition.
report = {
      'reportName': 'Test',
      'dateRangeType': 'YESTERDAY',
      'reportType': 'CREATIVE_CONVERSION_REPORT',
      'downloadFormat': 'CSV',
      'selector': {
          'fields': ['AccountCurrencyCode','AccountDescriptiveName','CampaignId','AdGroupeName','CriteriaParameters','CriteriaTypeName','CriterionId','CustomerDescriptiveName','ConversionTrackerId','Date','CreativeConversionRate','CreativeConversions','Impressions']
               }
}

If someone can please help me to sort out my issues.

Thanks

Peter Oliquino

Dec 13, 2017, 2:54:22 AM12/13/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Pierre,

You are correct, the error you are encountering indicates that you might be using an MCC account ID instead of a client account ID as the clientCustomerId value. In the AdWords API, reports are generated only at the client account level as discussed also here, so you being able to generate the Campaign Performance Report using an MCC account ID should not be possible. However, when using the Parallel Report Download example, users may use the MCC account ID as the clientCustomerId since this example generates reports of client accounts under a specific MCC.

To further investigate, could you reply to me privately (using the Reply privately to author option), your MCC account ID, the complete report definition you used, and the generated report file?

In addition, you may change the "AdGroupeName" into "AdGroupName" in your SELECT query to avoid other report errors due to incorrect field names when generating the Creative Conversion Report.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team