Accessing AdWords API from an AdWords script

pe...@svensktkosttillskott.se

Mar 20, 2018, 4:00:09 AM3/20/18
to AdWords API Forum
Need to access a few data points which are available in AdWrods API, but not in AdWords script. I have a few elaborate scripts in place already and would prefer not to build an entire framework just to access these data points.

Can I connect to the AdWords API with my AdWrods script?

If yes, can you point me in the right direction to get the authentication and connection done?

Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)

Mar 20, 2018, 5:35:46 AM3/20/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Peter,

You cannot connect the AdWords API with AdWords Scripts because they are both different platforms. If you're new to AdWords API and want to get started, you will need to sign up for an MCC account by following this guide and then request for basic access by filling up and submitting this form. The AdWords Compliance Team should contact you within 2 business days for its status.

The next step would be to generate your OAuth2 credentials and download a client library. Once your setup has been completed and basic access has been approved, you may then be able to make calls using your production account. Feel free to write back to me for anything you may need to clarify about the guides and if there are any specific subjects you wish to learn about the AdWords API.

Thanks and regards,
Luis
AdWords API Team
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

pe...@svensktkosttillskott.se

Mar 20, 2018, 5:59:46 AM3/20/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Luis,

I do realise that AdWordsApp is a different platform. The question is if I can do it with JavaScript in the hosted AdWords environment (as available in the AdWords -> Bulk operations -> Scripts).

Ive written against the AdWords API in Java and VB.net without issues. Are you telling me it is impossible with JavaScript?

Cheers,

Peter

Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)

Mar 21, 2018, 2:09:05 AM3/21/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Peter,

My apologies as I could not comment on what you wish to achieve. However, from the AdWords API perspective, we do not support the integration of AdWords API and AdWords Scripts (as they are on totally different platforms), nor do we support the use of JavaScript as an additional platform to the client library that you might already be using. Since this are all the client libraries that we support, I'm afraid we do not support calling AdWords API services using Javascript. Additionally, since the Bulk operations -> Scripts page is using the AdWordsApp class, then this is different platform.

Regards,
Luis
AdWords API Team