Using TargetingIdeaService with Verticals to get a list of placements/urls

Gabriel Menegatti

Jul 26, 2016, 10:04:21 PM7/26/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello guys,

How are you doing?

Please, can you inform me if it's now possible to get a list of placements (URLs) filtered by verticals ID using the TargetingIdeaService?

In the AdWords documentation link below there is a paragraph saying that it is possible, but I couldn't find how to do it on the TargetingIdeaService documentation page.

"When using TargetingIdeaService to return placement category ideas (requestedAttributeTypes includes PLACEMENT_CATEGORY), use this table to find the human-readable category that corresponds to the returned placement category ID."

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gabriel.

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Jul 27, 2016, 2:53:04 PM7/27/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Gabriel,

Placement URL is different from a Placement Category. Placement Categories are the categories based on the type of the content whereas the Placement URL is the domain of the destination website where your ad might be displayed.

To obtain information about placements in your campaigns, you can use the Placement Performance Report or the Automatic Placements Performance Report. The domain returned from the report can me mapped to a category using the DataService. Please refer to this example for more details.

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team