TargetingIdeaService: How to get keyword search volume and keyword ideas for a specific period?

jamgr...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2016, 10:23:09 AM8/18/16
to AdWords API Forum
I would like to get daily stats of search volumes for specified keywords.

I can't find documentation on AWQL in TargetingIdeaService. I belive that the results from the TargetingIdeaService for
are for last 12 months.

Is there any way to get search volume and keyword ideas for a specific time period ?

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Aug 18, 2016, 4:17:25 PM8/18/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

That is correct. If you add the attribute TARGETED_MONTHLY_SEARCHES in your selector, you would get the targeted monthly searches on the keyword idea for the past 12 months. Unfortunately, there's no way to specify a custom date range.

Also, I'm afraid TargetingIdeaService supports get operation only i.e. you cannot use the query() method to extract data using AWQL.

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team

jamgr...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2016, 4:32:56 AM8/19/16
to AdWords API Forum
Is there any other google API to get search volume for given keyword for a given day ?

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Aug 19, 2016, 4:13:39 PM8/19/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Since my team specializes in AdWords API related queries, I can confirm that the daily keyword search volume statistics are not available via AdWords API. Unfortunately, I would not be able to able to comment on any other Google APIs.

jamgr...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2016, 11:49:13 AM8/22/16
to AdWords API Forum
Ok. Thank you for the information.

When does google update the monthly stats? Will the Monthly data for May be available from 1st June, or is there some delay?

Regards

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Aug 22, 2016, 2:08:13 PM8/22/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Data available through AdWords API cannot be considered real time. Please refer to this guide to determine your data's freshness.

jamgr...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2016, 4:47:18 AM8/23/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi!

Thank you very much! After analysing the guide you provided, I am still not 100% sure:

However, some metrics and reports take longer to process or are only calculated once a day (rather than on a continuous basis). Daily processing of these reports happens in Pacific Time [GMT-8], so you should factor in your time zone when determining when your previous day’s metrics will be ready. For instance, demographic reports for the prior day are created daily at 6 p.m. Pacific Time. If you are located in New York City [GMT-5], you won't see an updated demographic report from January 1 until 9 p.m. on January 2 (since New York is three hours ahead of the Pacific time zone).

From the table I can read that
Metric/ReportWhen your data for Tuesday will be ready if you’re in San Francisco (PST).When your data for Tuesday will be ready if you’re in London (GMT).When your data for Tuesday will be ready if you’re in Tokyo (JST).
Most metrics, including: clicks, impressions, and conversions3 a.m. Wed.3 a.m. Wed.3 a.m. Wed.
Automatic placements, geographic, and Search terms6 a.m. Wed.6 a.m. Wed.6 a.m. Wed.
Auction insights10 a.m. Wed.8 p.m. Wed.4 a.m. Thurs.
Impression share1 p.m. Wed.11 p.m. Wed.7 a.m. Thurs.
Top movers6 p.m. Wed.2 a.m. Thurs.10 a.m. Thurs.

Say we are London based, when will we be able to  fetch TARGETED_MONTHLY_SEARCHES for August 2016 ?
If I understand the guide correctly the stats will be processed on 6 p.m PST 1st September - so it will be available on 2 a.m 2nd September in London time.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you very much for all the previous answers!

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Aug 23, 2016, 5:30:31 PM8/23/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

The chart that I shared is specific to AdWords reports. Monthly stats available via the Keyword Planner or TargetingIdeaService are not the actual figures but are instead averaged out, over the last 12 months. This data should be considered more of a trend line data than actual monthly data points. There's no set date on when the stats for a particular month are available after the month end.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to revert if you have more questions.

Hitesh Paryani

Dec 11, 2018, 6:06:49 PM12/11/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Vishal,

By any chance, is the custom date range filter added to the TargetingIdeaService now?

This communication is confidential and privileged and is directed to and for the use of the addressee only. The recipient if not the addressee should not use this message if erroneously received, and access and use of this e-mail in any manner by anyone other than the addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email and immediately destroy all copies of this message and any attachments and delete it from your computer system permanently. The recipient acknowledges that Switchme Technologies and Services Pvt Limited may be unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of the text of the email message and the text is not warranted as to completeness and accuracy. Before opening and accessing the attachment, if any, please check and scan for virus.

Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)

Dec 11, 2018, 8:48:32 PM12/11/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Hitesh,

I'm afraid, setting of custom date range is still not supported for TargetingIdeaService. I could not tell on if and when the date range feature will be supported in TargetingIdeaService. However, you may follow our blog for any updates on this feature.

Thanks and regards,
Luis
AdWords API Team

dripti...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2019, 10:57:55 AM3/19/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I am trying to get the stats and ideas for the query - however unable to do the same  . Could you help me for it ?
Also, how can i change the location i want the keyword ideas and stats for?

googleadsapi...@google.com

Mar 19, 2019, 10:23:24 PM3/19/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

For better tracking, could you create an new thread on your concern as this is an old thread already then we will assist you on that new thread.

Thanks and regards,
Luis
Google Ads API Team

    http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey

http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/48669223-85ab-4058-86ed-171626f20082%40googlegroups.com.