Creating a Developer Token for a specific client from agency MCC

nasreen....@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2016, 8:59:06 AM6/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi all,

I work for a media agency, that manages multiple AdWords accounts for clients. We have a client that is creating an AdWords API. How do I go about creating a Developer Token that is specific to this one client?

Please assist.

Thank you!

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Jun 24, 2016, 12:26:28 PM6/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Nasreen,

To be able to access the API, you need an AdWords manager account. Please refer to this guide to create one.
Once the manager account is created, please follow these steps to create a developer token. Developer token is  associated with a manager account (MCC) and could be used to access AdWords accounts under manager account. While your developer token is in the approval process, you can still use the token to make calls against test accounts (you will also need an OAuth token too, the process for which is outlined in the same link).

Once your developer token is approved, you can either create a new AdWords client account or link an existing client account to the manager account. This guide has the steps that you need to follow to achieve the same.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help!

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team

nasreen....@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2016, 5:59:20 AM6/27/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Vishal,

Thank you for your response.

We already manage the client's AdWords. (Their account is already linked to our MCC.) We do not want the Developer Token to be associated with our agency's MCC, as the API is specifically for this one client. (The client is creating the API.)

Can we create and apply for a Developer Token using a sub-MCC? Or will the Developer Token still be linked to our agency account?

Please assist.

Thank you!

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Jun 27, 2016, 12:22:27 PM6/27/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Nasreen,

Multiple manager (MCC) accounts can manage an AdWords client account. You can follow the steps in my previous response to create a new manager account (and a developer token) and link the client AdWords account to the newly created manager account. You should then be able to use the new developer token to access the client AdWords account. Lastly, if you then wish to disassociate the client AdWords account from your agency's MCC, you can do that by following the steps in the section "Unlinking an account from your manager account" of this page.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have more questions.