Conversion Label in AdWordsConversionTracker

Richard Moran

Sep 29, 2015, 6:40:14 AM9/29/15
to AdWords API Forum
Using the .NET SDK I've managed to successfully create an AdWordsConversionTracker object and I can get the ID out of it, but I can't get the conversion label from anywhere other than the snippet. Is that the only place I can get the label from? What is the label anyway? If I write out the conversion tracker HTML/JavaScript code to a page but leave out the label, will it fail to run?

Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)

Sep 30, 2015, 10:28:49 AM9/30/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Richard,

The only place I know of where you can get the label is in the snippet. The label is just another identifier. The AdWords help page on Standard Remarketing says:

    You can leave the Conversion Label field blank if there is no google_conversion_label in the code box.

This leads me to believe that there isn't always a label in the snippet. If you just take whatever snippet is generated and add it to your page, you'll be on your way to tracking conversions.

Cheers,
Nadine, AdWords API Team

Richard Moran

Sep 30, 2015, 10:56:20 AM9/30/15
to AdWords API Forum
Ah, that's a shame. I really didn't want to have to store the snippet in my DB, just the ID and label. Never mind, guess I'll just store the whole thing.  Thanks Nadine.