How to do bid adjustment in re marketing using API ??

jhufg.567484

Jun 24, 2016, 5:15:59 AM6/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
I need to adjust bid in newly created user list in remarketing .

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Jun 24, 2016, 4:08:28 PM6/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tejendr,

Please refer to this tutorial to enable remarketing using AdWords API. You can essentially use BiddableAdGroupCriterion of the type CriterionUserList  to make changes to the bidding criteria. You can then add the BiddableAdGroupCriterion object to the setOperand method of AdGroupCriterionOperation. Finally you can pass an array of  AdGroupCriterionOperation objects to the mutate method of AdGroupCriterionService.

The complete code sample is available in the tutorial.
Hope this helps! Please revert in case you need further help.

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team

jhufg.567484

Jun 26, 2016, 8:39:21 AM6/26/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Vishal,

Thanks for the help.

I have another query , how to do bid adjustment on adgroup .

Regards,
Tejendra

On

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Jun 27, 2016, 12:13:14 PM6/27/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tejendra,

The UpdadeKeyword java example describes how to update the keyword bid using the AdGroupCriterionService. Similarly you can use AdGroupService to update the bid of an AdGroup. Same example is also available in other client libraries.

David Cabanillas

Jul 15, 2016, 12:14:38 PM7/15/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi VIshal,

I'm tryng to do more or less the same. But in my case, I want not to create a new creterion I want to modify the bid adjustment from an existent criterion UserList type.

BiddableAdGroupCriterion biddableAdGroupCriterion = (BiddableAdGroupCriterion) page.getEntries(2);
///the entry with index 2 comes from for (AdGroupCriterion adGroupCriterion : page.getEntries())  and index=2 has the following information
//Ad group criterion with ad group id "XXX91483XXX", criterion id "BIDDABLE", criterion use "XXX81892XXX", and type "CriterionUserList" was found.

        biddableAdGroupCriterion.setBidModifier(new Double(BID_MODIFIER));

        // Create operation.
        AdGroupCriterionOperation operation
                = new AdGroupCriterionOperation();
        operation.setOperand(biddableAdGroupCriterion);
        operation.setOperator(Operator.SET);
        AdGroupCriterionOperation[] operations = new AdGroupCriterionOperation[]{operation};

        AdGroupCriterionReturnValue result = adGroupCriterionService.mutate(operations);

However I'm getting the next error.
 faultString: [AdGroupCriterionError.CRITERIA_TYPE_INVALID_FOR_BIDDING_STRATEGY_CONFIGURATION @ operations[0].operand.criterion]

Any help?

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Jul 15, 2016, 5:04:35 PM7/15/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi David,

Could you please provide me with the SOAP XML request and response logs for this API call? Please click on Reply privately to author when responding.