Applying for Google AdWords API Access & Application Denied Twice

Martin Masin

Jan 17, 2017, 5:22:18 PM1/17/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Everyone,

Question, I just applied for Google AdWords API access as I am creating a SEO app for the Shopify platform and my application has been denied twice in a row.

The reason that Google is giving me for the denied application is:

"Tools that offer only keyword research are not allowed by the AdWords API Policy.  Thus, we are not able to approve an API token for your stated use case."

I see that sites like www.semrush.com use this API, so I am wondering if I am missing something obvious in how I apply or what approach others have taken if you have had the same issue.

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Jan 17, 2017, 5:38:46 PM1/17/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Martin,

On this forum, we address technical issues related to AdWords API. If you have questions about the token review process or policy, you may ask us on the same email thread used to process your application or contact the AdWords API compliance team using this form.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.