Busted Zipcode Criterion

dg788

Apr 25, 2017, 10:07:12 AM4/25/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

On the Geo Targets reference page (https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/geotargeting), when I query by the adwords criterion id 9025258, the zipcode 70534 is returned.

However, when pulling from the api (v201702), the zipcode 70546 is returned.

For the moment, I will simply exclude both of these zipcodes from my processes, but I wanted to alert the Adwords team to a possible data problem,

David

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Apr 25, 2017, 1:46:16 PM4/25/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi David,

I tried the location look up for Id=9025258. The results were consistent and I was getting the location with zipcode 70534 from both the API docs and the API. Do you happen to have the SOAP logs which gave you inconsistent results from the API? I would like to investigate that further.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

ed r

Sep 18, 2019, 8:00:24 PM9/18/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
This may be related as it affects the same criteriaID...

gives two CriteriaIDs (9025258,9025266) for the same US Postal Code

Canonical Name '70546,Louisiana,United States'

I'm stripping this from my systems as a duplicate, but perhaps it should point to a different postal

ed r

Sep 19, 2019, 2:13:17 AM9/19/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
It now appears there are duplicates?

the current csv 2019-08-14
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/geotargeting

gives two active CriteriaIDs (9025258,9025266) for the same US Postal Code
Canonical Name '70546,Louisiana,United States'

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Sep 19, 2019, 4:50:40 PM9/19/19
to ed.r...@scorpion.co, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!

It does appear that you are correct that it seems to have duplicates. I've filed an issue internally for someone to look into it because I can confirm I see that, too. They both seem to resolve to the same postal code. Based on my initial research, I believe 9025266 is the one you want to use, but I need to confirm that. I'll get back to you when I hear more. If you don't hear back from me soon, feel free to ping this thread.

Thanks,
Nadine Sundquist, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UHHHVw:ref