Must temporary ids for batch jobs be unique across different types?

JC Lee

Dec 6, 2016, 8:24:10 AM12/6/16
to AdWords API Forum
Can I have a campaign with id -1 and an adGroup under it with id -1 in the same batch job?

i.e. Can temp ids be the same if they are different types?

Why I am doing this:
My application already has local campaigns, adGroups and so on with their own ids. I would like to use the negative of their ids as temp ids but these ids are only unique to each type.

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Dec 6, 2016, 2:17:25 PM12/6/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Temporary IDs can be reused only once across various operations in a batch job i.e. you cannot have multiple objects/operations with the same ID in a batch job. For more information on how temporary IDs work in batch job service, please refer to this document.

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team