Can't update budget of App install campaign

di...@easyleads.com

Jan 18, 2017, 3:06:09 PM1/18/17
to AdWords API Forum, Assaf Frank
Hi,

In the past I remember we had issues updating a budget of Video campaigns, but it worked on App install campaigns. I'm mistaken?

The response I get:

-<errorList>
-<errors xsi:type="OperationAccessDenied" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<fieldPath>operations[0]</fieldPath>
<trigger>AdSubProductTypeGroup = MULTIPLE_MOBILE_APP</trigger>
<errorString>OperationAccessDenied.MUTATE_ACTION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_CLIENT</errorString>
<ApiError.Type>OperationAccessDenied</ApiError.Type>
<reason>MUTATE_ACTION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_CLIENT</reason>
</errors>
</errorList>

I googled this error and found this one:
MUTATE_ACTION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_CLIENT
SummaryThe attempted operation cannot be performed through the API.
Common causesAttempting to modify a campaign that was created using the AdWords Express.
Recommended handling tipsFlag the campaign in your system as being read-only.
Prevention tipsN/A

How can I verify whether this is the cause? And if so, what is the solution? I want to update budget via API, don't think that making this campaign read-only will solve the issue.

Thanks

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Jan 18, 2017, 4:04:38 PM1/18/17
to AdWords API Forum, as...@easyleads.com
Hi,

Could you check if the campaign in question was created using AdWords Express? Could you also provide the SOAP request and response logs generated when you try to update the budget so I can take a look? Please use Reply privately to author when responding.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.