Content Total from Adwords API

angela

Aug 11, 2005, 12:43:26 AM8/11/05
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,
I need to get the Content Total for each AdGroup or per keyword using
the AdWords API (web service). Is it possible ?

Thank you

inasisi

Aug 11, 2005, 7:25:15 AM8/11/05
to AdWords API Forum
By Content Total, do you mean the Total clicks, impressions, cost,
conversion statistics for the ads on the Content Network? If so in your
Keyword report or Custom Report, look for the keyword "Total - content
targeting" in them.

angela

Aug 11, 2005, 7:13:37 PM8/11/05
to AdWords API Forum
it is exactly what i mean, but i need it returning when i get those
values using the API (The WebService). At this moment, i'm getting just
the search Total (clicks, impressions) and i need the total, including
"content total". Do you know what i mean?

tomasvdb

Aug 12, 2005, 2:33:11 AM8/12/05
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Angela,

could you be a bit more specific about which function you are using to
retrieve this information?
If you're using the report service, there is a field called adWordsType
in the keyword report which will let you specify whether you get search
data or content data. check here for more detail :
http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/KeywordReportJob.html#adWordsType

if you're using the getStats function, i don't think you can break up
the data based on content or search

Sabina

Aug 18, 2005, 4:51:22 PM8/18/05
to AdWords API Forum
Angela,

When you run the report using the API, select the keyword as a
CustomReportOption. In the row tag you will see something like this..
<row date="2005-07-18" adgroupid="xxxx" keywordid="xxxx" keyword="Total
- content targeting" kwStatus="" imps="50" clicks="4" cpc="75000"
cost="300000" pos="xx"/>

Note that the keyword says 'Total - content targeting'. This is the
content total. It is not displayed among the totals. It is displayed
along with the rows.

Hope this helps.

Sabina

angela

Aug 19, 2005, 12:07:24 AM8/19/05
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I'm using the getStats :(. I don't know this other option, is it in the
same webService ?

Richard Jones

Aug 19, 2005, 5:43:16 AM8/19/05
to angela, AdWords API Forum
On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 09:07:24PM -0700, angela wrote:
> I'm using the getStats :(. I don't know this other option, is it in the
> same webService ?

I don't think there's "getStats" as such. I think the OP meant
"getKeywordStats", "getCampaignStats" and so on.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.

Sabina

Aug 19, 2005, 11:48:28 AM8/19/05
to AdWords API Forum
Angela,

The option I described above is using the CustomReportJob in
ReportService.

http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/CustomReportJob.html

Sabina