Question about Geo performance report and campaign type

Nikolay Borisov

Dec 6, 2016, 9:45:09 AM12/6/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello.
Is it possible to get geo performance report for campaign type 'Universal app campaign'?
I try to do it with AWQL query to API - 'SELECT Date, CampaignId, CampaignName, Cost, Impressions, CountryCriteriaId FROM GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT DURING {date_start},{date_stop}'
but if in dashboard parameter 'Type' equal to 'Universal app campaign' API doesn't return report for it.

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Dec 6, 2016, 1:09:02 PM12/6/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Nikolay,

Universal App Campaign data is available in the reports listed hereAdvertisingChannelType and AdvertisingChannelSubType fields are not available in Geo Performance Report. Could you elaborate which dashboard you are trying to use to filter for Universal app campaigns?

Thanks,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

Nikolay Borisov

Dec 6, 2016, 2:56:19 PM12/6/16
to AdWords API Forum
Thank you for feedback. Your answer helped me to find solution of my problem.

ido.s...@iknowlogy.com

May 9, 2018, 8:57:06 AM5/9/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Shwetha,

I'm running into a similar problem...
I want to be able to break down UAC campaigns per geo, but their stats are not available in the Geo Performance report.
Is there a solution?

Thanks,
Ido

Teja Makani

May 9, 2018, 11:47:45 AM5/9/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Ido,

Unfortunately UAC doesn't support Geo Performance report via API, it only supports the reports which are listed here via the API. The closest one you may refer is Campaign Location Target Report which summarizes the performance of campaigns by location-based criterion.You will get id of location from this report. Then you need to use LocationCriterionService to get location name for that ID. Please check the LookupLocation example for reference in java. Samples in other languages can be found here. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.

jeski zhao

Nov 13, 2018, 6:06:47 AM11/13/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Teja Makani,
     I just want to know whether Geo Performance report support UAC  via API now.  Here is the result I get from adwords api ,but without any data.
 [0]=>
  string(74) "Country/Territory,Campaign ID,Campaign,Clicks,Cost,Impressions,Conversions"
  [1]=>
  string(0) ""

在 2018年5月9日星期三 UTC+8下午11:47:45,Teja Makani写道:

Teja Makani

Nov 13, 2018, 2:52:27 PM11/13/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Jeski,

The UAC only supports the reports which are listed here via the API. As mentioned above, the closest one you may refer is Campaign Location Target Report which summarizes the performance of campaigns by location-based CampaignCriterion. Please note that you will get only id of the location from this report. They need to use LocationCriterionService to get location name for that ID. Please check the LookupLocation example for reference in Java. Samples in other languages can be found here. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.

jeski zhao

Nov 13, 2018, 9:49:32 PM11/13/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Teja Makani,

Thanks for your reply. But I notice that when my campaigns targeting all the countries which I don't choose any targinting location,  the Campaign Location Target Report  returns the data without any location information just like this
  {
  [0]=>
  string(74) "Location,Campaign ID,Campaign,Bid adj.,Clicks,Cost,Impressions,Conversions"
  [1]=>
  string(103) " --,my_campaign_id_one,my_campaign_name_one, --,275,37067421,4866,185.00"
  [2]=>
  string(105) " --,my_campaign_id_two,【my_campaign_name_two, --,342,44440000,5765,200.00"
  [3]=>
  string(0) ""
}

What I want get via the api is per location performmance like the geo performance report. Can I get the location performance via Campaign Location Target Report when  I don't choose any targinting location, what should I do ?

在 2018年11月14日星期三 UTC+8上午3:52:27,Teja Makani写道:

Teja Makani

Nov 14, 2018, 2:28:10 PM11/14/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Jeski,

Could you please share the report definition in-order to investigate further along with the Cleint Customer Id? You could use reply privately to the author option while sharing the details requested.

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.