How do I identify the feed type when getting feeds created through AdWords UI?

JC Lee

Jan 21, 2017, 6:36:34 PM1/21/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

My application requires getting ALL available extension feed items from AdWords. These includes those that were created through AdWords UI (Which are named along the lines of "Main callout feed".)

Currently, it looks like I must perform 3 separate queries to identify the feed items. Namely:
  1. FeedService::get() to get the feeds
  2. FeedItemService::get() to get feed items using FeedIds from FeedService
  3. FeedMappingService::get() to get feed mapping using FeedIds from FeedService
Then map the feed item attributes using the data.

Is there an easier way to get the FeedItems with already mapped attributes? Like it is done in CampaignExtensionSettingService where the items are retrieved as concrete objects like CalloutFeedItem?

Joyce Lava

Jan 23, 2017, 1:36:51 AM1/23/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi JC,

The steps you provided is the only way to get the feeds with their mapped attributes, the same thing you can see in the guide on how to add a sitelink. You can only use the extensionSettingService (e.g CampaignExtensionSettingService) with the default, system-defined Feed.

Regards,
Joyce, AdWords API Team