Is there a delay between data shown in the AdWords interface and API data?

Han Kim

Aug 18, 2017, 2:20:31 PM8/18/17
to AdWords API Forum
I have an AWQL script that pulls my Keyword data and pushes into a spreadsheet.
It works just fine but the problem is that the numbers rarely match with what I see in the AdWords interface. They are usually lower.
Is there a delay between data shown in the AdWords interface and API data?
If so, is there any official documentation from Google that explains this?

Thank you

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Aug 18, 2017, 4:52:31 PM8/18/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

For a given report query, the data from AdWords API reports should match the data available in the corresponding UI report if the same fields and dateRange is used. Reporting is not real-time. In most cases, account statistics are delayed by less than three hours. Some metrics and reports take longer to process or are only calculated once a day. Please see the data freshness guide for more details. If you see a discrepancy between API and UI reports when same fields and dateRange are used, please provide the complete report definition and your clientCustomerId so I can further investigate.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.