Expanded Dynamic Search Ads using AdGroupAdService V201705

Anil

Jul 7, 2017, 10:11:36 AM7/7/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

We are able to create Expanded Dynamic Search Ads using AdGroupAdService service but not able to retrieve the Expanded Dynamic Search Ad details using API.
Is there any other API service we should use for the same?

Thanks
Anil V

Anthony Madrigal

Jul 7, 2017, 12:03:03 PM7/7/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Anil,

There appears to be an issue on our side for expanded dynamic search ads not being returned. I will have our team investigate the issue and let you know of any updates.

For now, you can an Ad Performance Report with AdType = EXPANDED_DYNAMIC_SEARCH_AD.

Regards,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

Oliver

Jul 8, 2017, 2:46:55 AM7/8/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Anthony,

There is no AdType = EXPANDED_DYNAMIC_SEARCH_AD in the Ad performance report.  We reported this on another thready a couple of weeks ago.  v201705 doesn't seem to support this ad type yet at all.  We're also unable to download this new ad type.

Oliver

Anthony Madrigal

Jul 10, 2017, 9:18:54 AM7/10/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Oliver,

I was able to get these ads returned when I tried it out. If you are still facing issues for this report, let me know. I will have our team look into this as well.

Regards,
Anthony
AdWords Scripts Team

Oliver

Jul 10, 2017, 3:46:30 PM7/10/17
to AdWords API Forum
Are you referring to getting them returned in the AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT? or from the service object?

There is no equivalent to Expanded DSA ad type for the report.

Anthony Madrigal

Jul 10, 2017, 4:21:02 PM7/10/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Oliver,

There is an issue with the AdGroupAdService returning this ad type. However, you should be able to get this ad type when using the Ad Performance Report. The AdType will be equal to EXPANDED_DYNAMIC_SEARCH_AD. Are you getting an error when trying to filter by these ads? If so, what error are you getting?

Thanks,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

Oliver

Jul 11, 2017, 12:00:56 AM7/11/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Anthony,

We assumed this ad type is not supported in reports because there is no mention of it in the Ad Type section of the reports documentation.  The documentation needs to be updated in this case.

Oliver

Matthew Wight

Jul 11, 2017, 5:05:52 AM7/11/17
to AdWords API Forum
Is this just in the ad performance report? I have my app building out default dynamic ads and it needs to be able to check if those ads currently exist in the adgroup. In the past I have just used the AdGroupAdService and they have returned but switching to the expanded its not liking it as far as I can tell

Anthony Madrigal

Jul 11, 2017, 9:14:58 AM7/11/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi guys,

Yes, this is supported in the reports. I will have our team update the documentation to reflect this. I will also keep you posted on any updates regarding the AdGroupAdService.

Regards,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

Anthony Madrigal

Jul 24, 2017, 10:53:20 AM7/24/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi everyone,

The fix to return Expanded Dynamic Search Ads from the AdGroupAdService is now live. Please let us know if you still face issues.

Regards,
Anthony
AdWords API Team