Trademark Disapproval not visible via API

GDZ

Apr 22, 2015, 3:13:46 PM4/22/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

looking at one of my campaigns, I can see that all ads there are "Approved(limited)" for trademark violation error. It contains "Goodyear" in the ad copy (city name is used in the text is the the same as famous brand).

Now, when I retrieve these ads via AdGroupAdService, it shows all ads with: status = "ENABLED", approvalStatus = "FAMILY_SAFE", trademarkDisapproved = False.

Not sure I understand why UI shows ads differently than API...

Thank you!

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Apr 23, 2015, 12:51:20 PM4/23/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi D,

The API doesn't have the same level of detail as the UI in terms of approvals, so you won't be able to detect the Approved(limited) status via the API. The trademarkDisapproved boolean will be false in such cases because the ad is approved = not disapproved, it merely is limited in terms of where and when it can appear.

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Erwin Mayer

Dec 27, 2016, 4:06:59 AM12/27/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Josh,

Is there any plan to support reporting this status through the API? Depending on the targeted area, Approved (Limited) can have the same effect as a disapproved ad.
Is there any way in the meantime to obtain a list of ads in a MCC that are "Approved (Limited)"?

Thanks,

Erwin