Problem downloading PRODUCT_PARTITION_REPORT for a period above 20 days

di...@adscale.com

May 21, 2018, 7:22:10 AM5/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I'm trying to download a PRODUCT_PARTITION_REPORT with Date segment for a period of 42 days and it fails constantly.

By using the trial and error method I've figured out that the report fails for any period starting before May 1, i,e. during 20180501, 20180520 succeeds, but 20180430,20180520 fails.

It's not a matter of number of rows, DURING 20180501, 20180520 returns only 3441 rows,

The report definition is
Customer ID: 2733935224, zero impressions: false, query: SELECT Date, CampaignId, AdGroupId, Id, Clicks, Cost, Conversions, AllConversions, ConversionValue FROM PRODUCT_PARTITION_REPORT WHERE Cost>0 AND CampaignStatus=ENABLED AND AdGroupStatus=ENABLED AND PartitionType=UNIT AND CpcBid>0 DURING 20180430, 20180520

What is the problem?

Thanks

Dhanya Sundararaju (AdWords API Team)

May 21, 2018, 3:55:52 PM5/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Dima,

I was able to run a report successfully against the same client customer id, using the same query that you have shared. Could you please let me know the details of the error that you get with screenshots if possible?

Regards,
Dhanya, AdWords API Team

di...@adscale.com

May 22, 2018, 7:55:32 AM5/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Did you try to extend the period, for example DURING 20180401, 20180520?

This is the exception I'm getting:

com.google.api.ads.adwords.lib.utils.ReportException: Problem sending data to report download server.
at com.google.api.ads.adwords.lib.utils.AdHocReportDownloadHelperImpl.downloadReport(AdHocReportDownloadHelperImpl.java:91)
at com.google.api.ads.adwords.lib.utils.AdHocReportDownloadHelperImpl.downloadReport(AdHocReportDownloadHelperImpl.java:60)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor176.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.api.ads.common.lib.utils.AdsUtilityInvocationHandler.handleInvocation(AdsUtilityInvocationHandler.java:46)
at com.google.common.reflect.AbstractInvocationHandler.invoke(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:84)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy27.downloadReport(Unknown Source)
at com.google.api.ads.adwords.lib.utils.AdHocReportDownloadHelper.downloadReport(AdHocReportDownloadHelper.java:46)
at com.google.api.ads.adwords.lib.utils.v201710.ReportDownloader.downloadReport(ReportDownloader.java:73)

Dhanya Sundararaju (AdWords API Team)

May 22, 2018, 12:56:51 PM5/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Dima,

Yes, I did try DURING 20180401, 20180520 as well and was able to successfully get the report to run. Could you please check and confirm if you are having issue only with the PRODUCT_PARTITION_REPORT and the DownloadFormat you are specifying? Also, could you let me know what is the approximate timestamp when you are seeing this error so that we can check our logs?

di...@adscale.com

May 23, 2018, 9:41:29 AM5/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Seems like I solved it by increasing the timeout in api.adwords.reportDownloadTimeout in the ads.properties file.

Thanks