How google defines locations in adwords

iv...@surrey-online.co.uk

Jun 21, 2017, 11:29:08 AM6/21/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

When you select areas to target in keyword planner you may have empty spaces between the blue shapes (the selected areas). If you select the city of Woking, this will be hightlighted in a blue shape that looks nothing like the city's actual geographical map.
 I'm after the database that defines this blue shapes! I have found that some of the "white" areas that cant be targeted by name or using the shape tool are not in the latest CSV file.
Does anyone know if there is maybe a .klm file or something to have this shapes?

Thank you

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Jun 21, 2017, 5:06:01 PM6/21/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Outlines shown for locations are approximate and should only provide a general idea of relative location. Please see this guide to determine where your ads will be shown based on the location targeting. The locations that are targetable in AdWords are listed here. Since your questions are related to AdWords UI, I would suggest that you post it on the AdWords Community Forum to get answers from the product experts.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.