MutateBatchJobservice is slow?

vmun...@fanatics.com

Nov 22, 2017, 12:23:54 PM11/22/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hey,

I am encountering quite a significant delay in MutateBatchJobs. For example, adding/removing a few ProductOfferIds to an ad-group is taking more than 4 minutes.
Am I doing something wrong?
Here is an archived culprit batchjobId - 607862900

Peter Oliquino

Nov 24, 2017, 4:38:23 AM11/24/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

My apologies for the delay. The BatchJobService is usually designed to be used on a significant number of operations and not against only a few ones. For example, for operations that may be ranging between 1-10 ADD/REMOVE operations, you may just use the normal AdWords API service to handle them and as per checking with the team, the batch job ID you mentioned contained only one ADD operation so using the normal service should do.

Best regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

venkata munnangi

Nov 27, 2017, 1:44:25 PM11/27/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hey Peter,

Thanks for the reply. Essentially my job has a varying limit of items from 1 to 20,000. 20000 being not so common.  On average, possibly 1000-2000. For the worst case, Would 20000 additions/remvals of product partitions still not necessitate the usage of BatchOperations?

Currently, I had to implement my own retry/batch framework with the usage of normal AdwordsAPI service for mutations. I am curious if I will encounter using the mutate method for saving 20k product partitions (while following the limits)

Peter Oliquino

Nov 28, 2017, 1:42:16 AM11/28/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Venkata,

As mentioned previously, the BatchJobService is designed for processing multiple numbers of operations and it should be able to accommodate the number you have mentioned. However, please note the limitations mentioned in this section of the guide when using the BatchJobService and to this section for the requirements and the best practices as well to ensure that you avoid any other issue when uploading your batch jobs.

However, should you encounter any significant delays using the BatchJobService for a greater number of operations, feel free to write back and include the batch job IDs that experienced the delay.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team