Tracking Paid Search Impressions

Phelan Pullen

Sep 29, 2015, 1:31:51 PM9/29/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Is it possible to track paid search impressions?  I am looking into providing attribution for several different media channels and wanted to see if impression tracking was possible for paid search.

Regards,
Phelan

Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)

Sep 30, 2015, 11:25:00 AM9/30/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Phelan,

When it comes to tracking, AdWords does provide Conversion Tracking, but it's not geared specifically to tracking just paid search impressions. However, we do have a couple of reports that aggregate information on search impressions, clicks, and conversions. There's the Search Query Performance Report, which has impression data based on search query terms. Another report that has some interesting data on search and impressions is the Paid and Organic Query Report. This has data on both paid and organic (shows up in Google search results) queries. You could do a bit of filtering on the report to narrow your focus on the paid results.

Cheers,
Nadine, AdWords API Team