How to get image(s) of a html5 ad?

Oliver

Dec 9, 2016, 4:50:33 AM12/9/16
to AdWords API Forum
In the Adwords web interface, we see the html5 ad as shown in the attached screenshot.  When we click on the html5 ad, we can see all the images in an ad.

How can we get these images via the API?

With other type of image ads (uploaded image ads), we get an Image URL in the Ad Performance Report.  However, with html5 ads, there is no URL in the report?

Oliver

ss.PNG

Anthony Madrigal

Dec 9, 2016, 11:08:20 AM12/9/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Oliver,

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to get template elements such as its image URL through the Ad Performance Report.

You will need to use the AdGroupAdService to get the templateElements of the TemplateAd. The value for the image URL will come as the sourceUrl of the IMAGE.

Cheers,
Anthony
AdWords API Team