Getting user permission(read/write) information from adwords api

adil hussain

Mar 21, 2018, 6:56:32 AM3/21/18
to AdWords API Forum

How do I get to know the access permissions of a user account in adwords for updating a campaign without actually making a call to update method.

When I call the update method ie adwords_api.service(:CampaignService, v201710).mutate([operation])

I get an error OperationAccessDenied.ACTION_NOT_PERMITTEDwhich means the user for which I am trying to create a campaign doesn't has required permission.

I would like to know the same without actually calling the mutate() method. I am looking for something like adwords_api.user_permissions

I searched the google adwords api extensively for knowing if a user has update permissions on his/her token via api call.

I wan't to check the same first before actually calling the update method ie mutate() method of adwords.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Mar 21, 2018, 3:05:27 PM3/21/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Adil,

I am afraid, you will not be able to get the access levels (read only, admin etc.,) of a user associated with an AdWords account using the AdWords API. You will need to get this information from the AdWords UI. Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
Milind, AdWords API Team.