Bulk Operations - Create AdGroups and Keywords in a single call

AdWordsApiUser

Oct 6, 2015, 3:42:05 AM10/6/15
to AdWords API Forum
So I have a pretty standard scenario - I want to create an ad group, and some keywords + text ads that have to go into this ad group. I want to use the MutateJobService.

Creating an Ad or Keyword requires the ad group id, which is not available if the ad group is also being created. Shopping product partitions offer a creative solution where one can enter a -ve criteria id for the parent, and use that to reference a product group that is also being created in the same batch.

I'm wondering if something similar can be done for creating ads and keywords.

Example:

Create AdGroup Request, I send in AdGroup info, and set the ad group id to -1999
Create Keyword Request, I set the ad group id to -1999

And I put these in the same mutate job request.

I hope this makes sense :)

Cheers!

Umesh Dengale

Oct 6, 2015, 12:26:17 PM10/6/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

You need two separate calls for MutateJobService, one for creating the AdGroups and second for creating the ads and keywords using the AdGroupIds created in the first call. You could check out our AddKeywordsInBulk Java example code from the client library. Other language example code could be found here.

Thanks,
Umesh, AdWords API Team.

Umesh Dengale

Oct 6, 2015, 4:48:16 PM10/6/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

You could use new BatchJobService which support the temporary ids. The BatchJobService is available in v201509 and the client library v201509 will be available in next few days. Please check out our BatchProcessing document for more details.