Problem in creating dynamic search ads campaign settings using DynamicSearchAdsSetting

Vikrant Pol

Mar 20, 2014, 8:53:36 AM3/20/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am using google adwords api v201402. I want to create dynamic search ads dynamically using api, but by using this it creates normal campaigns but this not create dynamic search ads.

For this i refer below urls -

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201402/CampaignService.Campaign

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201402/CampaignService.DynamicSearchAdsSetting

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201402/AdGroupAdService.DynamicSearchAd

Please help me for creating dynamic search ads......

Regards,

Vikrant

Ray Tsang (AdWords API Team)

Mar 21, 2014, 5:52:59 PM3/21/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Vikrant,

Was your campaign a Search campaign or a Display campaign?  (Or both?)

Thanks!

Ray

chandu polimini

Dec 5, 2014, 6:21:57 AM12/5/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
HI venkat ,

I am also getting same problem ,while creating the dynamic search campaign through api and I set l the dynamic search ads setting  object to the campaign object .Here i am trying to create  search campaign .

please ,let me know any update on this .
Thanks ,
chandrasekhar

surya sun

Dec 5, 2014, 7:26:15 AM12/5/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ray Tsang ,
I am also Getting same problem  trying to add dynamic search campaign and setting  DynamicSearchAdsSetting object to the campaign setting but still  its saved as search campaign with all features as campaign sub type.

Please , let me know any solution for this .

Thanks
cs

surya sun

Dec 8, 2014, 12:53:42 AM12/8/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

Please,Any Update on this .

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Dec 8, 2014, 9:58:49 AM12/8/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There is not a one-to-one mapping between the campaign sub type in the UI and the AdWords API. Campaigns created via the API have All features enabled.

For a Dynamic Search Ads campaign, the important point is to set the DynamicSearchAdsSetting with a valid domainName as shown in our Dynamic Search Ads guide.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Sylvain Beauregard

Sep 11, 2015, 8:58:36 AM9/11/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi!

Any new development on this?  I've been trying to create Dynamic Search Ads campaigns for the last two days too without success (using v201506).  The information presented in the Dynamic Search Ads Guide seems outdated... since it shows the use of KeywordMatchSetting which is no longer in use and it doesn't define the Campaign Type field, which is required (now).

Here's my code that creates the campaign.  It sets every parameter right, but I can't get the Dynamic Search Ads 'subtype' active.  It does accept my Dynamic Search Ads settings object because when I go in the Web user interface to set the sub-type manually it shows the values I submitted through the API.

$campaign
= new Campaign();
    $campaign
->name = $CampaignName;
    $campaign
->advertisingChannelType = 'SEARCH';  //looking to create: Search Network only - Dynamic Search Ads

    $SearchAdsSettings
= new DynamicSearchAdsSetting();
    $SearchAdsSettings
->domainName = "autoflash.net";
    $SearchAdsSettings
->languageCode = "fr";
    $campaign
->settings[] = $SearchAdsSettings;

// Set network targeting (optional).
    $networkSetting
= new NetworkSetting();
    $networkSetting
->targetGoogleSearch = TRUE;
    $networkSetting
->targetSearchNetwork = TRUE;
    $networkSetting
->targetContentNetwork = FALSE;
    $campaign
->networkSetting = $networkSetting;

// Set shared budget (required).
    $campaign
->budget = new Budget();
    $campaign
->budget->budgetId = $BudgetID;

// Set bidding strategy (required).
    $biddingStrategyConfiguration
= new BiddingStrategyConfiguration();
    $biddingStrategyConfiguration
->biddingStrategyType = 'MANUAL_CPC';

// You can optionally provide a bidding scheme in place of the type.
    $biddingScheme
= new ManualCpcBiddingScheme();
    $biddingScheme
->enhancedCpcEnabled = FALSE;
    $biddingStrategyConfiguration
->biddingScheme = $biddingScheme;

    $campaign
->biddingStrategyConfiguration = $biddingStrategyConfiguration;

// Set additional settings (optional).
    $campaign
->status = 'PAUSED';
    $campaign
->servingStatus = 'PENDING';
    $campaign
->startDate = date('Ymd');
    $campaign
->endDate = date('Ymd', strtotime('+1 month'));

// Create operation.
    $operation
= new CampaignOperation();
    $operation
->operand = $campaign;
    $operation
->operator = 'ADD';
    $operations
[] = $operation;

// Make the mutate request.
  $result
= $campaignService->mutate($operations);

Also, I couldn't find anywhere how to define the auto targets for the dynamic ads.  Any idea?

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Sep 11, 2015, 5:13:47 PM9/11/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

You won't be able to set the subtype via the API (your campaign will be an All features campaign), but by adding the DynamicSearchAdsSetting, your campaign will be enabled for DSAs. The subtype is a user interface-specific flag.

Regarding adding the auto targets, you can do this by adding Webpage criteria as shown in the Specifying criteria for the DSA section of the guide.

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Sylvain Beauregard

Sep 12, 2015, 5:24:12 AM9/12/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi!

Yes, I set everything up properly in the DynamicSearchAdsSetting.  as it is revealed when we switch it manually in the Web interface, the settings are there... and they are included in the API's object response after setting up the campaign.

Are you saying the campaign is then setup properly even if the subtype doesn't show in the Web interface?

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Sep 12, 2015, 10:17:13 AM9/12/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Yes, that's correct.

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team

ferry Ardhana

Feb 27, 2016, 9:49:48 PM2/27/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Is this still happening in v201601
We just need to set domain and language code for DSA campaign, and when we check on web UI it still show search campaign?

Thanks

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Feb 29, 2016, 8:34:52 AM2/29/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Please see my previous response. If you set up the campaign as I described in this discussion, it will behave as a Dynamic Search Ads campaign, even though the user interface does not show it as such.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

rcard...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2017, 9:43:58 AM6/22/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

 I'm creating a Display Network only campaign using an adword API. I want to add dynamic feeds (Attached screenshot for better understanding) using API.

Is it possible using adword API ? Sample code will be a great help.

Thanks,
Prashant More
Adword_API.png

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Jun 22, 2017, 1:29:39 PM6/22/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Prashant,

Managing the feeds is supported via the AdWords API. Please check out the Dynamic Remarketing guide for details.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

rcard...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2017, 5:32:35 AM6/26/17